We've entered a period of soul-searching here at The Fashionoclast. Not sole searching, although shopping for shoes is always fun. Soul-searching, as in trying to find ways to make this blog even better. Your suggestions are always appreciated, so please leave a comment or drop me a line to share your thoughts.
As all this introspection is going on, I'd thought I'd try out a little experiment this week. (And yes, I'm stalling while some of the pieces I'm working on become ready for posting.) I'm going to pose a few hopefully interesting, and brief, questions. If you have a fashion blog of your own, I'd like to you repost the questions on your blog with your answers and post a link in the comments below, all the while asking your own readers to do the same. If you don't have a fashion blog, then by all means please share your answers in the comments below. I'll collate the answers and somehow share them in a future post.
- What's the most outrageous thing you've ever worn, where and when did you wear it...and would you wear it again?
- Flats or heels, and why?
- Recommend a nail polish for a man and a colour other than red for a woman: what colour and why?
And my answers:
- Oooo, this is a close one. Kilt or fez? I suppose while the fez is just plain wacky fun, the kilt still holds the promise of shocking the bourgeois, except for folk living in Hollywood or Venice Beach. I've worn the kilt on the streets of Toronto and LA, and for nights out at the goth clubs (also in LA).
- There's no denying the appeal of heels, whether sexy wedges or strappy little numbers...but the pragmatist in me appreciates flats that look good and don't cause foot problems. What can I say? Comfort is important!
- For men, silver, because it's understated and classy. For women, an elegant and surprising shade of bright, snow white.
Okay. Tag. You're it!